Thursday, September 18, 2008

A little more playful drama...

So, in reviewing the photos from TriAm that I posted here, I was a little ... well ... disappointed with the lack of drama for the swim photos. So, I went back to my stash, and found this one:
Voila! Now I think that captures the day, and the weather, a little better... I do like to feel hardcore...
Speaking of hardcore, as I mentioned in the last post, my Saturday 10 miler was run in the warm rain on the lakefront. Now, my intentions in leaving the house that morning were to turn right and run to the gym. When I walked out of my place, though, the air was warm, the rain was somehow refreshing, and I ended up turning left (which is the direction of the lakefront path). *Sigh, Shrug* I was drenched by the time I got to the path, and was giggling like a little kid. Huge (and I mean HUGE) puddles covered the path and the ground on either side, so every half mile or so I'd have to high step through these big river-lets, and again -- all giggles. BIG smiles. So much fun! I can't even describe why it was fun -- I was soaked head to toe, was getting pelted with raindrops, could barely see out of my glasses, and I was having the time of my life. And I wasn't the only one who was enjoying myself -- I actually saw a guy running in goggles. Hee!
(Side-note: Sweet Johnny V got me some dry-max socks, and I wore those on Saturday. If you have not tried them, you MUST. I had no blisters -- even after running that whole time in the rain. Seriously sweet socks. End side-note.)
Anyway, it was a fun hour (or two) of adult playtime -- something that we adults don't often have (or if we do have it, it ususally involves seriously destructive behavior). It got me thinking about how much more fun I have now that I take time out to run, and swim, and bike -- because it's playing. Maybe not in the same way that I played when I was 7, but it's still playing. I hope that I don't lose sight of that simplicity...
Have fun, folks!
belly

No comments:

Idgy the Cat

Idgy the Cat