Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bringing in the Big Guns

This about sums it up:


I feel like a pufferfish.


SJV and I had our Six Month Anniversary yesterday (wahoo!) and went to a swank little wine bar to celebrate. One and 1/2 glasses later, and I was pretty sleepy -- and pretty hungry -- and my will-power was eroded and pliable. When SJV dropped me off, I came upstairs ... and started what would become a marathon of munching. I don't think I stopped all night.


And so, here I am, The Morning After, all gross feeling and poochy. *sigh* Alas, when I have a tub of choco-cookies and peanut butter in the house, all bets are off... ;)


In any case, the next few weeks will probably be an exercise in restraint as far as food's concerned. I'm now in the midst of taper for the Chicago Marathon, so my routine is pretty easy (well, in comparison to the rest of the summer). Of course, tell that to my ITB, which still screamed at me on Saturday when I tried to log in my 10-12 mile run for marathon training. *sigh* I ran along fine for the first 3/4 mile, and then ZWING! *furrowed brow.* No amount of stretching or massaging or (as a last resort) punching that band whilst saying "Let go, gaddaammit!" would make it go away completely. I finished 5, and decided that it was better that I keep my leg attached to my body than finish out a mid-distance run. I think I made the right call, but now I've decided that rolling and stretching on my own are not cutting it... so I've decided to bring in The Big Guns: Bikram Yoga. That's right, folks, I'm headed to hot yoga tonight to see if that can loosen up these hamstrings, quads, calves, and the ITB that just doesn't want to let go...
And, at the same time, maybe I can work off some of those choco-cookies...
Namaste.
Belly

No comments:

Idgy the Cat

Idgy the Cat